1. Open to residents of the UK, CI, IoM and ROI aged 16 or over only, excluding employees of United Biscuits (UK) Limited, any United Biscuits group company and their families, agents and anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
2. The Jaffa ‘Shoot & Win’ Promotion is available on promotional packs of: McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes 12 pack, McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes 24 pack, McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes 36 pack, McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes Grab & Go tube, McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes Snack Pack, McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes Snack Pack Multi Pack, McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes Mini pods, McVitie’s Jaffa Cake bars, and McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes ‘100% extra free’ pack.
3. 50 prizes to be won every day between 05/04/2010 - 11/07/2010 inclusive Prizes: 2 x Wii console and football game packs, 5 x official football shirt vouchers (to be redeemed online) and 43 x McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes inflatable football goals.
4. Winning entries will be those entering on or most immediately following any of the 50 winning moments randomly selected every day during the main promotional period. As part of this process the daily prizes will be randomly assigned. These winning moments will be securely and independently verified. All prizes will be awarded.
5. Winners will be notified immediately and told how to claim their prize. Note: Prize claim will be subject to verification.
6. Proof of identity, a print out of the win notification email and winning promotional pack will be required for any prize claims.
7. IMPORTANT: In order to provide a fair promotion for as many consumers as possible the following restrictions will be rigidly applied:
I. Maximum of 5 entries per person per day and the same 4 digit barcode and time code combination can be used a maximum of 5 times during the entire promotion period.
II. Any entrant attempting to exceed their daily entrance allowance either manually or by using their computer to enable multiple entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void. Any attempts made by an entrant to change their contact details in order to exceed more than the allowable 5 entries per person per day will result in disqualification from any prize award, and from any future participation in the promotion.
III. Only 3 prizes can be won per household during the promotional period.
IV. Only 1 prize may be redeemed per winning pack.
V. Consumers who try to claim a prize by sending in a promotional pack for verification that has a different barcode and time code to that submitted at time of entry will have their prize claim disqualified.
8. Promotional Twin packs and 10 packs of Cake Bars give one bonus entry. Promotional Triple packs give two bonus entries. The bonus entry will not be included in your maximum allowance of 5 entries per person per day. Bonus entries must be claimed on same date as bonus notification. The bonus entry will only be offered after you have entered any twin pack or triple pack code combination for the first time.
9. Entries received after 11/07/2010 and by 14/11/2010 (closing date) will be entered into a Wrap-up prize draw with 50 additional prizes to be won as follows: 2 x Wii football packs, 5 x official football shirt vouchers (to be redeemed online) and 43 x McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes inflatable football goals.
10. Any and all entries that do not conform to these terms and conditions will be disqualified from the promotion.
11. Purchase a ‘Shoot & Win’ promotional pack of McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes.
12. Visit www.ilovejaffacakes.com then enter the last 4 digits of the 13 digit barcode number and the 4 digit pack time code from the back of the promotional pack. Then enter your email address, full name, house name or number including post code date of birth, phone number. (NB: Postcode not required for ROI entrants).
13. Take a penalty kick and if you score a goal against our McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes goalie, you’ve won a prize! Note: This is not a game of skill.
14. You must retain the wrapper from your promotional pack. The exact code entered will be required for participation and verification of prize claims (NI entrants see clause 18).
15. There are 50 prizes to be won for each of the 98 days in the main promotional period. Prizes: 2 x Wii console and football game packs, 5 x official football shirt vouchers (to be redeemed online) and 43 x McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes inflatable football goals. Throughout the entirety of the daily promotion the total amount of prizes to be awarded will be: 196 x Wii and football game packs, 490 x official football shirt vouchers, and 4,214 x McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes inflatable football goals.
16. Entries from third parties, syndicates or those regarded by the Promoter to be shared or guessed codes, will be disqualified.
17. Postal Entrants and those without internet access send your McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes promotional pack with your full name, full postal address including postcode, email address (if you have one), phone number and date of birth clearly handwritten and legible in block capitals on a plain piece of paper. Your entry will then be entered into the entry system at a random time within one week after receipt. Only one entry per properly stamped envelope. Winners only will be notified via post within 28 days.
For UK, CI and IoM postal entries send to McVitie's Jaffa Cakes Shoot & Win Postal, P.O. Box 485, Bedford, MK45 3BP.
For ROI postal entries send to McVitie's Jaffa Cakes Shoot & Win Postal, Dept AA1704, P.O. Box 6151, Dublin 2.
18. Northern Ireland Residents Only – Alternative entry without purchase: For an equal chance of winning send your full name, full postal address including postcode, email address (if you have one), phone number and date of birth clearly handwritten and legible in block capitals on a plain piece of paper to McVitie's Jaffa Cakes Shoot & Win NPN, P.O. Box 485, Bedford, MK45 3BP. Your entry will then be entered into the entry system at a random time within one week after receipt. Only one entry per properly stamped envelope. Winners only will be notified via post within 28 days. Non-NI entries will be disqualified.
19. In the unlikely event of a pack not having a legible code contact the Customer Careline on 0500 01 17 10 (UK) or 1 800 409 317 (ROI). Proof of illegible pack codes may be required in these instances.
20. No responsibility will be accepted for entries that cannot be sent or are not received for any reason whatsoever, nor for any entries that are delayed or corrupted. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
21. Prize winners must respond to winner notification within 28 days by sending in via Recorded Delivery their winning pack, a print out of their winner notification email (ensuring their name, unique reference number, house name/number, postcode are clearly legible) together with their proof of ID to:
For UK, CI & IoM: McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes Shoot & Win winner, P.O. Box 485, Bedford, MK45 3BP.
For ROI: McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes Shoot & Win winner, Dept AA1704, P.O. Box 6151, Dublin 2.
Withheld, unclaimed or unrewarded prizes will be added to the Wrap-Up prize draw (see clause 9). Winners of this draw will be notified within 28 days of the closing date.
Strictly only one prize claim per properly stamped envelope.
If for any reason a prize winner is unable to print out their winner notification email they must clearly write their name, unique reference number (shown on the winner notification email) and full postal address including postcode in block capitals on a plain piece of paper and send that in with their winning pack and proof of ID.
Proof of ID constitutes: a photocopy of a utility bill, council tax bill, mobile phone bill or drivers licence. It must clearly show the same name and address that were submitted as part of the online promotion entry.
22. Prize winners are recommended to send in their winning pack by Recorded Delivery as the Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for claims which are lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
23. Prizes will only be dispatched upon verification of identity and packs. All prizes will only be dispatched to the full address provided at time of registration.
24. Only promotional packs from the list of McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes products in clause 2 above will be accepted. Packaging that is damaged, defaced, copied or defective in any way will not be accepted.
25. Please allow up to 28 days from successful prize verification for receipt of prizes.
26. If a prize claim is deemed to be invalid for any reason, the entrant will be notified via email (or post for postal entrants). The entrant will be informed of the reason for their invalid prize claim and/or what further information may be required to verify their claim.
27. Upon pack and ID verification, winners of official Football shirts vouchers will be emailed the unique voucher code that can be entered into the checkout at subsidesports.com/jaffashootandwin after a shirt has been selected by the winner. The shirts available on this link are the only ones that may be claimed and are subject to availability. Vouchers can only be redeemed to claim football shirts. One football shirt only per voucher code. An email including voucher code and instructions how to redeem will be sent out following verification of prize claim.
28. Football shirt voucher codes valid until 31/01/2011.
29. Code sharing is not permitted and anyone suspected of sharing codes will be disqualified from the promotion.
30. If any winner cannot be contacted after reasonable efforts within 28 days from first attempting to do so, or after initial contact does not send in the appropriate details for verification within 28 days, or does not meet the verification criteria then the promoter reserves the right to disqualify the entrant and withdraw the prize entitlement.
31. By entering this Promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
32. For a list of the names and counties of the winners, after the final closing date, please send a stamped SAE to McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes Shoot & Win winners list, P.O. Box 485, Bedford, MK45 3BP. For ROI: McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes Shoot & Win winners list, Dept AA1704, P.O. Box 6151, Dublin 2.
33. Winners may be required to participate in unpaid publicity concerning this Promotion.
34. Participants may be asked on the Promotional website if they would like to opt in to receive email updates on the latest news and information from United Biscuits. Should the participant opt-in and decide at a later date that they would no longer like to receive these updates, they should click on the opt-out link available in the email received.
35. The Promoter reserves the right to amend or withdraw the promotion if necessary due to circumstances outside its reasonable control and cannot be held liable for system failures at the handling house or website service provider. However, the Promoter shall endeavour to minimise the effect on participants of any such failure.
36. Should the Promoter have any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, or the spirit of the Promotion, the Promoter may at its sole discretion refuse to process a win claim. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
37. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person who in their opinion corrupts or affects the proper conduct of the promotion, attempts to damage the website or otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion. If such activity is suspected the Promoter will delete the offending entries and compensation or prosecution will be sought through the law.
38. This promotion is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
39. The manufacturers of the named prizes are not official partners in or sponsors of the promotion.
Operated in ROI under Lottery License granted by Dublin District Court. License holder is Dublin Zoo, Phoenix Park, Dublin 8. Raising funds to help protect wildlife species at home & abroad.
UK & ROI Promoter: United Biscuits (UK) Ltd, Hayes Park, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8EE, UK (please do not send entries here).